Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: Oct 20, 2015 Views: 67
Answered By: Digital Library Services Team
Last Updated: Oct 20, 2015 Views: 67
If you use the Safari web browser on a Mac and want to export references from Library Search to Endnote Web there are a couple of extra steps.
- Access Library Search and run a search
- Select the folder icon next to each record you wish to transfer into Endnote. This adds them to a temporary folder (export maximum 50 at one time)
- Now open your Folder (link at the top of page)
- Click on arrow next to Export As and choose Endnote
- Download box opens (screenshot below) telling you the name of the file eg export-endnote123455.ris
- You won’t be able to open this file. Minimise or close the downloads box
- Now, log in to Endnote Web
- Choose Collect
- Then Import Reference
- Select Choose File, then choose Downloads (if you can’t find the downloads section, look under Places and open the libservices menu)
- Select the recent file that ends in .ris, then click Choose
- next, choose RefMan RIS as the import option
- Then choose whether to add the references to a particular group or to the Unfiled area in your library.
- Then click Import
- A message in red appears confirming your results are added to your Endnote Web library and can now be used for referencing.