Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: Nov 21, 2016 Views: 121
The desktop version of Endnote currently works with Microsoft PowerPoint.
After installing EndNote, a new EndNote tab will appear in PowerPoint.
Setting up Endnote with PowerPoint
To start, open your Endnote library and your PowerPoint presentation. Go to the EndNote tab on the PowerPoint toolbar/ribbon. Select the required style from the Style drop down box. If you cannot see your output style click on ‘select another style’ from the drop down list, then find your style from the available choices (eg MMU Harvard).
Adding a citation
- Click on a textbox within a PowerPoint slide where you wish to add a citation, or create your own textbox and place it wherever you wish.
- Make certain that your cursor is inside the textbox and select ‘Insert Citation.’
- Find and then insert your citation.
Adding a reference to your reference list
- Click on a textbox within a PowerPoint slide where you wish to add a reference, or create your own textbox and place it wherever you wish.
- Make certain that your cursor is inside the textbox and select ‘Insert Reference.’
- Find and then insert your complete reference.
- Please note that PowerPoint with Endnote will not automatically order your reference list in alphabetical order.
At present, PowerPoint does not work with the online version of Endnote.