Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018 Views: 1275
Please note PowerPoint does not work with EndNote Online.
EndNote Desktop currently works with Microsoft PowerPoint.
You can open EndNote Desktop on campus from the Program menu of a PC on campus (some staff PCs may need to request installation from ISDS). A new EndNote tab will appear in PowerPoint, allowing you to insert citations. Our licence does not cover installation on your own personal computer. Students/staff can buy a copy at a discounted price.
Setting up EndNote with PowerPoint
To start, open your EndNote library and your PowerPoint presentation. Go to the EndNote tab on the PowerPoint toolbar/ribbon. Select the required style from the Style drop down box. If you cannot see your output style click on select another style from the drop down list, then find your style from the available choices (eg MMU Harvard).
Adding a citation
- Click on a textbox within a PowerPoint slide where you wish to add a citation, or create your own textbox and place it wherever you wish.
- Make certain that your cursor is inside the textbox and select Insert Citation.
- Find and then insert your citation.
Adding a reference to your reference list
- Click on a textbox within a PowerPoint slide where you wish to add a reference, or create your own textbox and place it wherever you wish.
- Make certain that your cursor is inside the textbox and select Insert Reference.
- Find and then insert your complete reference.
- Please note that PowerPoint with EndNote will not automatically order your reference list in alphabetical order.
At present, PowerPoint does not work with EndNote Online.