Answered By: Referencing Enquiries Team
Last Updated: Aug 25, 2021     Views: 113344

When citing from webpages on the UK Government website GOV.UK, in the absence of an author's name, you should use the government department name in place of the author, if this is ascertainable. For example:

(Department for Education, 2016)

If you are unable to ascertain the government department responsible for the information on the webpage, use UK Government as the author.

(UK Government, 2016)