Answered By: Research Support Librarian
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2020     Views: 18

There may be occasions when an item cannot meet the REF requirements. In these cases, an exception must be noted if you want to submit it to the REF. Full details of the University’s process for agreeing and recording an exception are available by contacting RKE at You are expected to ensure your article is made open access wherever possible, in line with the University’s Open Access Policy.