Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: May 15, 2018 Views: 112
Please note we do not subscribe to everything on the Science Direct website. You can double check that we have access to a journal using the eJournal A-Z list this is a list of all our eJournals.
However if the link you are using is on a reading list or Library Search, it is likely that the problem is caused by a known issue.
Current problem with linking to articles on the Science Direct platform.
- Go to the A-Z database list http://libguides.mmu.ac.uk/content.php?pid=504250&sid=4148471
- Click Science Direct
- Login with University ID and password
- Check it says "Brought to you my Manchester Metropolitan University"
- Navigate to the journal you require
On the Science Direct website, if you are logged in correctly there should be a message, near the top right of the page saying "Brought to you by the Manchester Metropolitan University" if it does not say this but says "You have Guest access to ScienceDirect find out more", please follow these steps:
- Click Sign in (near top right of page)
- Click Other institution login
- Underneath the heading, Search for your institution and click the name to login, type Manchester Metropolitan University. Science Direct should display one result for Manchester Metropolitan, just below the box, click on this.
- Enter your University ID and password on the Manchester Metropolitan log in page.
(If you can't get to our login in box this way, you can use the option to choose your institution's region or group... Select UK Access Management Federation, from the option to select your region or group, you'll need to click on the little black triangle to open the list fully as UK is near the bottom. Choose Manchester Metropolitan University from the list. Enter your University ID and password in the Manchester Met eResources login page.)
You may find that Science Direct skips the login bit, this might happen if you've already logged in to another Manchester Metropolitan eResource. Keep checking the top right of the screen, you're logged in if it mentions your name (if you'd previously signed up to use Science Direct's personalisation features) or you can see the "brought to you by Manchester Metropolitan University" message.