Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: Sep 26, 2017 Views: 44
What are journals and journal articles?
Journal articles are usually short papers on specific topics. They are regularly published in issues or parts. Journals are also called periodicals or serials. Each journal will contain many articles written by different experts in the field.
Why use journal articles?
- Keep up-to-date on research and new developments in your subject area.
- Easy to read, because they are generally shorter than books and narrowly focused.
- Contain high quality information, as most are peer-reviewed (methodically edited and checked for quality).
- Most are available on and off campus, and read on screen, printed off or saved as a pdf.
- The regular frequency of publication often means they are more current than books.
How do I search for journal articles?
Use the Library Search to look for journal articles. You can also search specific subject databases, such as ScienceDirect, CINAHL, or SCOPUS.