Answered By: Digital Library Services Team Last Updated: Dec 19, 2017 Views: 181
Error message looks like this (screenshot below):
This message should only appear to users who are not authorised to access the online service. We are unable to offer access to all our online services to all students externally enrolled with one of our partner colleges or associate members of academic staff. So if you are able to access some of our subscribed online services, but occasionally see this message, it it likely that you see it because we cannot offer you access to the resource.
However, the same error message "Apologies: we are unable to allow you to use this resource" is appearing intermittently for many people, when it should not. So fully enrolled students and full members of Manchester Metropolitan staff see it, when they should be able to access everything to which we subscribe.
If you see this error message and think that you should have access to the electronic resource you were trying to log in to, please try the following workaround:
- Firstly, close and reopen your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) then try accessing the resource again
- If this does not work and you are on your own computer or mobile device, shut the browser tab or window that has the error message in and then clear the browser’s cache*
- If this does not work and you are on a University computer, please try using another web browser
- Should you still experience any difficulties, please contact the Library
* If you are not sure how to clear your browser's cache, please read this website, which has instructions explaining how to clear the cache for a number of different browsers. If you are unsure what browser or version or a browser you are currently using, please visit this website, which will tell you.